RO2 - TUSIYON, ROSHKALA: Irrigation
The existing high level irrigation canal supplying the lands of the villages of Lahshik and Shosh is constructed from un-reinforced concrete and is prone to cracking resulting in loss of irrigation water by exfiltration.
- Reconstruction of the Shoburhon irrigation canal for a length of 600 m using 350mm diameter polyethylene pipe.
- The pipeline is to be properly constructed on sand bedding and surround.
- Rehabilitation of 2 sluice gate structures
- Provision of capacity building, training and agricultural extension services to the local water users‟ association.
- Reduction of water infiltration in the canal
- Efficient use of irrigation water
- Increase in crop yield – 40 ha
- Irrigation of new lands – 10 ha