1. The State Institution Project Management Unit for “Building Climate Resilience in the Pyanj River Basin” (Employer) hereby requests you to submit a quotation for the following works:
To perform public opinion survey under the Project based on an assessment of the current situation in the pilot areas in the final stage of its implementation. The main purpose of the study is to identify the level of impact of the project on the socio-economic situation of the population by assessing the effectiveness of the project in terms of its impact and results.
The task of the survey is to collect high-quality information on the following key indicators:
- the impact of the project on the improvement of traditional rural infrastructure in connection with climate change and to ensure adaptation measures, use rights and actual situation, as well as the responsibilities among the rural population;
- major social risks, institutional difficulties, cultural or other social factors that are taken into account during the implementation of the project.
- additional activities that will be identified in order to influence the increase of incomes and improve the living standards of the rural population
If you, however, have been associated with the firm that prepared the design, specifications, or engaged in the preparation of the Project or firm that will provide supervision of the Works, you shall be disqualified.
To assist in the preparation of your price quotation, the necessary specifications, bill of quantities and drawings, form for submitting the quotation and a draft contract form are enclosed. You are advised to visit the site of the works at your own expense, and obtain necessary information for preparing your quotation.
2. You shall submit one original of the Price Quotation with the Form of Quotation, and clearly marked “Original”. In addition, you shall also submit one copy marked as “COPY”.
3. Your quotation in the attached format should be signed, sealed in an envelope and addressed to and delivered at the following address:
State Institution Project Management Unit for “Building Climate Resilience
in the Pyanj River Basin”
Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe city, 10 str. Bokhtar, 2nd floor
4. You must have experience as a prime contractor in the construction of at least one work of the nature and complexity equivalent to the works included in this Request for Quotation over the last three years as evidenced by a client’s certificate of completion, and provide evidence of availability of financial resources to successfully complete the works in the amount of US$50,000 (fifty thousand US dollars) [Employer to indicate here the required amount, which could be the estimated value of the contract for which quotation is being invited, and could be in the form of a credit line]. Otherwise, you will not be considered further.
5. You shall submit only one quotation. Your quotation must be typed or written in indelible ink and shall be signed by you or your authorized representative. Without a signature in your Form of Quotation, your quotation will not be considered further.
6. In evaluating the quotations, the Employer will adjust for any arithmetical errors as follows:
(a) where there is a discrepancy between amounts in figures and in words, the amount in words will govern;
(b) where is a discrepancy between the total price in the Priced Activity Schedule (or Bill of Quantities) or the quoted amount indicated in the Form of Quotation, the total price in the Priced Activity Schedule (or Bill of Quantities) shall govern;
(c) where is a discrepancy between the unit rate and the line item total resulting from multiplying the unit rate by the quantity, the unit rate as quoted will govern; and
(d) if you refuse to accept the correction, your quotation will be rejected.
7. Your quotation shall be valid for a period of thirty (30) days from 14.03.2019 (deadline for submission of the quotation).
8. Your quotation in duplicate and written in Russian and English language shall be for the whole works and based on the Priced Activity Schedule [for a unit price contract, replace with … based on the “unit and total price indicated in the filled-in Bill of Quantities”]. Currency of quoted prices and payment shall be in US dollars (national currency TJS on the day of submission of the proposal) Currency of the Employer’s country. The quotation shall include all duties, local taxes and other levies payable by the contractor in accordance with the local laws. In case of any discrepancy between the original and duplicate, the original shall prevail.
9. The Employer will award the contract to the Contractor whose quotation has been determined to be substantially responsive to this Request for Quotation and who has offered the lowest evaluated price quotation. A quotation is not substantially responsive if it contains material deviations or reservations to the terms, conditions, and specifications in this Request for Quotation, and it will not be considered further. The Employer will evaluate and compare only the quotations determined to be substantially responsive.
10. If you withdraw your quotation during the validity period and/or refuse to accept the award of a contract when and if awarded, then you will be excluded from the list of contractors for the project for two years.
11. The contract will be governed by the terms and conditions of the attached Form of Contract.
12. Your quotation including Form of Quotation and filled-in Section 2 “Priced Activity Schedule (or alternatively Bill of Quantities)” should be submitted by 14.03.2019 (date and time). [The quotations shall be opened in public in the presence of contractors’ representatives who choose to attend, on 14.03.2019 (same date as for quotation submission) at Dushanbe city, 10 str. Bokhtar, 2nd floor the following address.]
13. The bidder whose quotation has been accepted will be notified of the award of contract through the Letter of Acceptance issued by the Employer within 30 days from the date of submission of quotation.
14. The Employer intends to apply funds from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for eligible payments under the Contract resulting from this RFQ.
15. Under ADB’s Anticorruption Policy bidders shall observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. ADB will reject a proposal for award, and will impose sanctions on parties involved, if it determines that the bidder recommended for award or any other party, has engaged in corrupt, fraudulent, collusive, or coercive practices in competing for, or in executing, the Contract. At the time of submission of your quotation, you should not be in ADB’s sanctions list.
16. Please Confirm by fax/e-mail the receipt of this request and whether or not you will submit the price quotation(s).
Director Karimov N